Thursday, September 2, 2010

What a brazen argument for being a quant by Mark Anson

What a brazen argument for being a quant by Mark Anson

I wear the badge of a quant proudly. It wasn’t easy to earn it, and I have to work hard to retain it. There will always be new challenges in the financial markets. I have highlighted what I believe to be a critical challenge, but there will be many others that I cannot predict. The only thing one can predict with certainty regarding the financial markets is that they are uncertain. However, this should be a cause of rejoicing for quants everywhere because it means that there will be plenty of opportunities for us to apply our skills. Economic relationships change all of the time and new ones are born every day. Uncertainty in the financial markets is another way of describing a full employment act for quants everywhere.

No comments: