Tableau Software (DATA) Trading With Heavy Volume Before Market Open
- DATA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.9 million.
- DATA traded 262,114 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:12 AM, representing 32.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DATA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DATA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DATA: Tableau Software, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides business analytics software products in the United States, Canada, and internationally. DATA has a PE ratio of 3186. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Tableau Software a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tableau Software has been 982,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tableau Software has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of -0.29 and a short float of 4.9% with 3.04 days to cover. Shares are up 47.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tableau Software as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC reported lower earnings of $0.04 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.39 versus $0.04).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Software industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 78.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$5.63 million to -$10.03 million.
- The gross profit margin for TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.84%. Regardless of DATA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 144.33% to $35.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -29.04%.
- You can view the full Tableau Software Ratings Report.